Interested in training for a new career? There are many trade schools in Tampa to choose from—we’re glad you’re considering Altierus Career College! This page answers some of the most common questions people ask about our Tampa campus.
Is Altierus Career College Accredited?
Yes. Altierus Career College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For further information on ACCSC, send mail to 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, call 703-247-4212, or visit www.accsc.org.
The ACCSC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as an independent accrediting agency. Many other colleges that focus on career training programs—diplomas and associate degrees—are also accredited by the ACCSC, rather than by a regional accreditor.
In addition, Altierus in Tampa is annually licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding our institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission for Independent Education at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400. Toll-free number: (888) 224-6684.
Where Is Altierus Career College Tampa Located?
Altierus Career College Tampa is located on the west side of the city, just north of Hillsborough Avenue between I-275 and State Route 580. The street address for our trade school in Tampa is:
3319 W. Hillsborough Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
Phone: (813) 879-6000
Is Altierus in Tampa a For-Profit School?
No. Altierus Career College is a non-profit school operated by ECMC Education, an organization focused on delivering innovative career and technical education (CTE) programs that result in better outcomes for students and the communities in which they live and work. Learn more at https://www.ecmceducation.org/.
Is Altierus Career College a Trade School?
Altierus focuses on career and technical education (CTE). This is a category of education that includes skilled trade training programs, as well as allied health, entry-level nursing, and other occupational categories.
These “middle-skill” career paths are critical for the continued growth of our economy, especially in healthcare, manufacturing, and construction. By focusing on CTE, Altierus is filling an urgent need in many communities—and helping students build skills for in-demand career paths.
What Programs Does Altierus in Tampa Offer?
Our trade school in Tampa offers the following programs:
- Dental Assistant Diploma – 9-month program
- Electrical Construction Technician Diploma – 9-month program
- Industrial Electrical Technician Diploma – 9-month program
- Combined Electrical Technician Diploma – 12-month program
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Diploma – 9-month program
- HVAC Refrigeration Technician (HVAC-R) Diploma – 9-month program
- Combined HVAC/HVAC-R Diploma – 12-month program
- Massage Therapy Diploma – 9-month program
- Medical Assistant Diploma – 10-month program
- Medical Billing and Coding Diploma – 8-month program
- Nursing – Associate Degree – 24-month program
- Pharmacy Technician – Diploma – 8-month program
Is the Altierus Nursing Program Accredited?
The curriculum of the Associate Degree in Nursing program is approved by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
Are Any Other Altierus Programs Accredited?
We also hold other program-level approvals and accreditations:
- The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 7272 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, 301.657.3000, www.ashp.org.
- The Massage Therapy program is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
- We are an Assigned School with the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
Does Altierus Career College Offer Scholarships?
Yes. We offer the following institutional scholarships and grants:
- Altierus American Dream Scholarship
- Altierus Student Grant
- Altierus Alumni Scholarship
- Altierus Military Scholarship
For more details, please visit our main campus page and click the “scholarships” tab.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. We are also approved for the training of veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
Is Altierus Career College Part of Everest College?
No. Everest College was a for-profit network of colleges that closed in 2015. ECMC Education took over the former Everest campus locations (including student records and transcripts) and transitioned them to non-profit institutions in 2016.
I’m a Graduate of Altierus. How Do I Request a Transcript?
Former Altierus and Everest students can visit the Parchment.com website to obtain their transcripts.
How Do I Contact Altierus Career College in Tampa?
We’d love to hear from you! Call (813) 879-6000 or visit our website to get in touch.