Altierus Career College’s Norcross campus is located at 1750 Beaver Ruin Road just east of I-85. The campus includes:
- Large classrooms, including laboratory space
- A student resource center where you’ll find reading materials related to your academic programs as well as computers with full Internet access
- Faculty and administrative offices
Altierus Career College’s Norcross campus offers a variety of activities and events to give you a positive student experience. These include the:
- Igniter Ambassador Program – Igniter ambassadors are student leaders who volunteer their time to help fellow students. Whether it’s as simple as finding a classroom or as challenging as helping you prepare for a big test, an Igniter ambassador can help you deal with the demands of school – and life.
- In-House Program Clinics – The campus’s Career Services department hosts regular events where you can learn practical job-seeking skills such as interviewing techniques, resume writing and dressing for success.
- CARE Program – When personal or family issues start to get in the way of your education, you have people here to help you get your life back on track. Big issues or small, we’re here to provide support and guidance.
At Altierus, a great education means more than just learning a marketable skill. By helping others, you’ll help yourself by learning responsibility, empathy and interpersonal skills that can last a lifetime. You get opportunities to grow through your involvement and support of important community groups and events such as:
- Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce
- Josea Feed the Hungry
Please feel free to drop by Altierus Career College’s Norcross campus at any time for a tour. We’d love to see you!
Altierus offers resources that students can take advantage of to stay focused and achieve their education goals. If you need assistance, we can either help or make recommendations. Ask your student services coordinator for more information. The following resources are provided:
- Rideshare information/bulletin board
- Library Resource Center hours:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1.p.m.
- Library computers
- Tutoring as needed (when available)
- Bookstore hours available upon request
- Student lounge vending machines
- Off-site child care service recommendations
- Popular fast food restaurants close to campus
Safety & Security Are a Priority
At Altierus, we’re committed to creating a safe learning environment free from preventable harm from physical assault, threatening behavior, theft, or other security-related issues. Our campuses have multiple safety precautions in place including a professional security staff and physical security measures such as cameras, alarms, and secured access where appropriate. Additionally, we maintain and regularly test emergency response plans that will help us to effectively manage any type of on-campus emergency.
Transportation and Parking
Altierus provides no-cost campus parking close to the school’s entrance. We’re also conveniently located close to exits off I-85 from the north and south. Students may benefit from the following:
- Campus parking near the school’s entrance at no cost
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) bus routes near campus. Bus stops near the school are located at Pleasantdale Road/Tucker Road and 3525 Mall Boulevard #5C, which is 2.2 miles NE from the school
Accreditation, Licensure and Approvals
Altierus Career College Norcross is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For further information on ACCSC, mail to 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, call 703-247-4212, or visit http://www.accsc.org/
The Medical Assistant diploma program is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 N, Falls Church, VA 22043, 703.917.9503.
Assigned School by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
Authorized by the Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Commission (NPEC), 2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220, Tucker, GA 30084-5305, 770.414.3300, 770.414.3309 (fax).
Approved for the training of Veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
* Copies of accreditation, approval and membership documentation are available for inspection at the campus. Please contact the Campus Director to review this material.