Altierus Career College’s Tampa campus is located at 3319 West Hillsborough Avenue just a quarter mile east of West Dale Mabry Highway (I-95). The campus includes:
- Large classrooms, including laboratory space
- A student resource center where you’ll find reading materials related to your academic programs as well as computers with full Internet access
- Faculty and administrative offices
Altierus Career College’s Tampa campus offers a variety of activities and events to give you the complete student experience. These include the:
- Igniter Ambassador Program – Sometimes you may need additional help. That is why there are fellow students available to provide it. Igniter ambassadors represent what the student body has to offer. Maybe you can become an Igniter ambassador, too!
- In-House Program Clinics – Worried about how you’ll do in the job market? You’ll have access to a team of Career Services professionals who can help you get the skills and confidence you need to make a positive impression with employers.
- Aunt Bertha Platform – Concern for our students extends beyond the classroom. That’s why we offer resources such as Aunt Bertha, a platform to connect with local social services, helping you meet basic needs so you can focus on school.
At Altierus, a great education means more than just learning a marketable skill. By helping others, you’ll help yourself by learning responsibility, empathy and interpersonal skills that can last a lifetime. You can have opportunities to grow through your involvement and support of important community groups and events such as:
- Breast Cancer Walk
- Meals on Wheels
- Relay for Life
Please feel free to drop by Altierus Career College’s Tampa campus at any time for a tour. We’d love to see you!
Students attend Altierus to get the career training that can help open up a whole new world of employment possibilities. You’ll have support systems in place to help you stay focused, and you’ll have access to many of the resources we provide, such as:
- Ride share programs
- Bus pass assistance
- Library hours, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Library computers
- Bookstore hours, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Tutors available as needed
- Campus lounge vending machines
- Off-site restaurants close to the campus
- Recommended child care services
Transportation and Parking
Altierus provides no-cost campus parking that is close to the school’s entrance. The Tampa campus is also conveniently located near Interstate 275. Students taking public transportation can reach Bus Route 34, which is a short walking distance from the campus. The Tampa campus provides several benefits:
- On-site parking at no cost
- Access to close public transportation/Bus Route 34
- Several blocks from I-275
Safety & Security Are a Priority
At Altierus, we’re committed to creating a safe learning environment free from preventable harm from physical assault, threatening behavior, theft, or other security-related issues. Our campuses have multiple safety precautions in place including a professional security staff and physical security measures such as cameras, alarms, and secured access where appropriate. Additionally, we maintain and regularly test emergency response plans that will help us to effectively manage any type of on-campus emergency.
Accreditation, Licensure and Approvals
Altierus Career College Tampa is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For further information on ACCSC, mail to 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, call 703-247-4212, or visit www.accsc.org
The Medical Assistant diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 7272 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814, 301.657.3000, www.ashp.org.
The Electrician program is approved by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER), www.nccer.org.
The Massage Therapy program is approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
The curriculum of the Associate Degree in Nursing program is approved by state licensure by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
Assigned School by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB).
Annually licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education. Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400, toll free number (888) 224-6684.
Approved for the training of Veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
* Copies of accreditation, approval and membership documentation are available for inspection at the campus. Please contact the campus president to review this material.