Pharmacy Technician Program Information
Our Pharmacy Technician training program is designed to prepare you for quick workplace entry with the professional skills needed to advance in your pharmaceutical career. This 8 month program prepares you for industry certification so you have the professional credentials and confidence to succeed in your new career. This program is nationally accredited by the ACCSC and built to the guidelines of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP).
Skills To Build Your Career
Our Pharmacy Technician program is designed to help you build a strong foundation for success. Learn how to perform critical career duties such as:
- Analyze, process and prepare prescriptions
- Manage pharmaceutical inventory accurately
- Apply problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills
- Employ effective communication skills to provide patient care
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues related to pharmacy
Certification Preparation Included
Classes at Altierus also prepare you to pass professional certification exams, which can help improve your employability and your earnings potential. These industry-recognized credentials can help you stand out in your job search and lead to career advancement later in your career. Preparation and testing are included in the program at no extra cost for the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) certification exam.
Entry-Level Pharmacy Technician Jobs Include:
- Internet Mail Order/Closed Door Pharmacies
- Medical Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Wholesalers
- Retail Pharmacies