Pharmacy Technician Program Information
Our 8-month program features a flexible schedule of 3 days per week of campus based training and additional online coursework per class. This blended training program is designed to prepare you for quick workplace entry with the professional skills needed to advance in your pharmaceutical career.
The Altierus Pharmacy Technician program prepares you for industry certification so you have the professional credentials and confidence to succeed in your new career. This program is nationally accredited by the ACCSC and built to the guidelines of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP).
Skills To Build Your Career
The Altierus Pharmacy Technician program is designed to help you build a strong foundation for success. Learn how to perform critical career duties such as:
- Analyze, process and prepare prescriptions
- Manage pharmaceutical inventory accurately
- Apply problem-solving techniques and critical thinking skills
- Employ effective communication skills to provide patient care
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues related to pharmacy
Altierus utilizes the industry-leading PioneerRx pharmacy software, enhancing the learning experience for students through hands-on simulations of functions and work process found in pharmacies today.
Industry partners can learn more about PioneerRx’s cutting-edge software by clicking here.
Certification Preparation Included
Classes at Altierus also prepare you to pass professional certification exams, which can help improve your employability and your earnings potential. These industry-recognized credentials can help you stand out in your job search and lead to career advancement later in your career. Preparation and testing are included in the program at no extra cost for one of the following two certification exams:
- PTCB-Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam
- ExCPT-Exam for Certification Pharmacy Technician
Entry-Level Pharmacy Technician Jobs Include:
- Internet Mail Order/Closed Door Pharmacies
- Medical Clinics
- Pharmaceutical Wholesalers
- Retail Pharmacies