As technology drives more of the world's economy and virtually every aspect of our lives, demand for computer professionals will continue to grow. In this program, you'll gain real-world experience to prepare for an entry-level IT job.
This 12-month diploma program is flexibly structured to give you control over your schedule. Comprised of one day per week of campus based training and additional online coursework per class, you'll gain the knowledge and skills to perform computer systems administration and maintenance according to industry-specific practices and standards. Hands-on training occurs through virtual and in-person labs designed to give you job-ready training. The curriculum also includes employer-desired certification preparation and exam to earn the CompTIA A+ certification.
As a successful graduate, you will demonstrate system support skills focused on installing, administering and troubleshooting popular hardware and software. You'll gain an understanding of the issues that impact IT administration, including professional, ethical, legal, security and social concerns.
Skills to Build Your Career
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, install and repair PC hardware & software
- Troubleshoot LANs, WANs and intranet systems
- Perform management tasks used by Linux system administrators
- Install, operate & troubleshoot Cisco hardware
- Safeguard network data using essential security protocols
- Provide customer service & perform according to professional ethics
Certification Preparation Included
Our Computer Information Technology program prepares you to take a professional certification exam, which can help improve your employability and your earnings potential. This industry-recognized credential can help you stand out in your job search.
Preparation and testing are included in the program at no extra cost for the following certification exam:
- CompTIA A+ Certification Exam